=- and -= snag

Morten W. Petersen morphex at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 11:22:53 EDT 2023

I don't remember making such a mistake ever before, but it might have
happened. -= is a convenient operator so I've probably used it a lot.

Anyway, I found that flake8 flagged this as

E225 missing whitespace around operator

and it's the only linter of pylint, flake8 and pyflake that detects this.

Regards,

Morten

On Wed, Mar 15, 2023 at 5:32 AM Gilmeh Serda
<gilmeh.serda at nothing.here.invalid> wrote:

> On Mon, 13 Mar 2023 22:26:20 +0100, Morten W. Petersen wrote:
>
> > numbers for calculations didn't add up.  It went into negative numbers,
> > when that shouldn't have been possible.
>
> We have all written code that makes us wonder why the compiler even
> bothered with it and didn't give up on the first line.
>
> --
> Gilmeh
>
> If this fortune didn't exist, somebody would have invented it.
> --

I am https://leavingnorway.info
Videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/TheBlogologue
Twittering at http://twitter.com/blogologue