Can you process seismographic signals in Python or should I switch to Matlab ?

a a manta103g at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 11:40:46 EDT 2023

On Monday, 13 March 2023 at 16:16:28 UTC+1, Thomas Passin wrote:
> On 3/13/2023 12:39 AM, a a wrote:
> > But what I need is analysis of seismograms from 4,000 seismographs world wide to detect P-wave energy distribution underground around the earthquake to verify EQ Domino Effect
> In that case, you will have to do a great deal of work to get all that
> data into a common usable form, cleaned and errors removed. That will
> be a lot of effort no matter what language you use. In the Matplotlib
> lesson you pointed to, the work was already done, for one one earthquake
> at one location.
>
> The reference I gave,
> https://towardsdatascience.com/earthquake-time-series-forecasts-using-a-hybr
>
> id-clustering-lstm-approach-part-i-eda-6797b22aed8c
>
> actually includes a Python script that does this work for some selected
> ranges of data, so it might be a good starting point.
Thank you
excellent example

"The imported json files were heavily-nested; hence, during data cleaning, I “denested” the json files, transformed them into dataframes, fixed the column datatypes, imputed the NaN values, and finally concatenated them into a global dataframe, which was workable. For a full description of data cleaning, visit my GitHub profile. Finally, I indexed the dataframe by timestamps as a time-series dataframe:

https://towardsdatascience.com/earthquake-time-series-forecasts-using-a-hybrid-clustering-lstm-approach-part-i-eda-6797b22aed8c

I would like to work with Saied Mighani one day but unfortunately, seismology projects, studies are one-man activity.

I am success oriented in building Earthquake Prediction System
and I am sure, P-wave energy envelope calculate for every earthquake, for every seismographic station can give valuable hints on how earthquake energy is distributed underground, since what is recorded by surface seismographs is some form of such P-wave envelope energy transferred at the direction of surface placed seismograph.

Ideas are great but life is for real ;)

thank you