Python installation not full and python not working 3.11.0

Thomas Passin list1 at tompassin.net
Fri Mar 10 22:32:55 EST 2023

On 3/10/2023 9:51 PM, Thomas Passin wrote:
> On 3/10/2023 6:27 PM, Jan Vasko wrote:
>
> Please note that you can't attach images in these posts, at least not so
> we can read them.  Instead, copy the messages from the console and paste
> them into your post.
>
> I suggest that you check to make sure that your system hasn't been
> damaged or corrupted - just to make sure.  You can check it and have
> Windows restore any of the OS files if they have been damaged.  If
> everything is OK, then that would remove one potential issue, so it's
> worth doing.  It may take some time, but it's worth doing.
>
> Here's what to do. First, open a console with administrative privileges
> - the easiest way is to press <Windows key-x> and choose "Command Prompt
> (Admin).  In the console, run
>
> dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
>
> (see
> https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-us/000122035/how-to-use-the-deployment-image-servicing-and-management-tool-dism-to-repair-the-windows-system-store)
>
> If repairable problems are found, then run:
>
> dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
>
> Finally follow up by running
>
> sfc /scannow
>
> sfc can also repair some errors, and some people run it first, but I
> have read that it's more useful to run Dism first.
>
> If any errors were found and corrected, reboot and try to uninstall
> Python3.11, then re-install it.
>
> If no errors were found, report that back here and we'll try to go on
> from there.

If it were me, the next thing I'd try is to install Python 3.10.x.  I'd
get a 64-bit installer from python.org. Yes, I know you want to install
3.11, but this way will give you a clean, fresh installer to try.  If
the installation succeeds, it would be a good data point and also give
you a (somewhat) updated version of Python on your system.