Baffled by readline module

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 18:43:14 EST 2023

On 2023-03-09, Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 10 Mar 2023 at 10:04, Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yeesh. What's _really_ embarassing is that I just stumbled across a
>> small test program with which I had apparently figured this out
>> 10-12 years ago.  Must be about time to retire...
>
> You expect yourself to remember test programs you wrote a decade
> ago??  I've forgotten full-on projects from that far back!

Another thing that has happened a few times is that I'm trying to
figure out how to do something I'm pretty sure should be possible, but
I can't figure out how. After the usual resources fail, then I start
Googling with varous sets of keywords. After a while, Google eventually
finds the answer in an old mailing-list archive where there's a nice
explanation in a post...

.... by me.

> Though, congrats on being able to stumble across it. That's quite
> something.

After I figured out the answer, I realized it did seem a little
familar, so I tried a grep -r in my home directory which has stuff
lying around from as far back as 2001. When a computer dies, I
generally just cp -a (or rsync -a) $HOME to a new one.

--
Grant