TKinter in Python - advanced notions

Diego Souza diegofpsouza at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 22:14:05 EDT 2023

Have you considered improving the architecture itself, not your GUI library
skills?

I recommend you look at the Model View ViewModel (MVVM) concept and
implement something similar (this is largely used in the Android framework
nowadays). This would separate your program logic from the rendering and
visualization. It would also make your program more reactive, decoupled,
and easier to maintain. When you mentioned threads I immediately thought of
this because it is much easier to implement parallel jobs and present
results back in the GUI, as everything becomes reactive. This is overkill
for a small project such as the code you showed, but I recommend it for
larger projects.

Diego Souza
Wespa Intelligent Systems
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil