File system path annotations

Peter Slížik peter.slizik at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 05:44:23 EDT 2023

Thank you, Roel. You've answered all my questions.

> [PEP 519]: ...as that can be represented with typing.Union[str, bytes,
os.PathLike] easily enough and the hope is users
> will slowly gravitate to path objects only.

I read a lot on Python and, frankly, I don't see this happening. People on
the Internet keep using *str* as their path representation choice.
Presumably, programmers don't feel the need to bother with a complex
solution if the simplest option works just fine.

Peter