Compiling python on windows with vs

Eryk Sun eryksun at gmail.com
Wed Jun 14 09:10:50 EDT 2023

On 6/14/23, Inada Naoki via Python-list <python-list at python.org> wrote:
>> Since Git enables Windows NTFS case sensitivity while checking out sources
>
> I didn't know that. Would you give us a link to this feature?
> As far as I know, `git config core.ignorecase` doesn't mean NTFS case
> sensitive.

If a repo is cloned into a case-insensitive directory, then
core.ignorecase should be enabled automatically. If a repo is cloned
into a case-sensitive directory, then core.ignorecase should not be
enabled automatically.

I searched through relevant issues on the Git for Windows repo on
GitHub, and I found nothing to indicate that a capability to
automatically enable NTFS case sensitivity has been added. I searched
through the source of Git and Git for Windows, and I didn't find any
references to WinAPI SetFileInformationByHandle: FileCaseSensitiveInfo
or NTAPI NtSetInformationFile: FileCaseSensitiveInformation, nor the
use of fsutil file setCaseSensitiveInfo.