Compiling python on windows with vs

Jim Schwartz jschwar at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 13 14:42:50 EDT 2023

One expert told me to do the following when compiling via cython and cl:

cython -3 --embed -o c_file_name    python_file_name

Then, assuming python is installed in your apps directory and not your program files directory:

set "PYTHON_DIR=%LocalAppData%\Programs\Python\Python311"

or whatever directory you put python in.

cl /O2 /I"%PYTHON_DIR%\Include" c_file_name  /link /libpath:"%PYTHON_DIR%\libs"

If that doesn't work, that's all I have.  Sorry.