pip-sync

Larry Martell larry.martell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 14:08:32 EDT 2023

I am trying to set up and maintain a venv with pip-sync. On my bare
metal I have the apparmor python package installed, but it is not
installed in my venv and it's not in my requirements file. When I run
pip-sync I get:

Found existing installation: apparmor 2.13.3
ERROR: Cannot uninstall 'apparmor'. It is a distutils installed
project and thus we cannot accurately determine which files belong to
it which would lead to only a partial uninstall.

Since it's not installed in the venv why does it want to uninstall it?