Usenet vs. Mailing-list

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 11:29:27 EST 2023

On 2023-01-28, Dennis Lee Bieber <wlfraed at ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 20:07:44 +0000, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> declaimed the
> following:
>

>>As far as I am aware the mirroring of the Python mailing list on
>>comp.lan.python works perfectly.  I love gmane! :-)
>
> 	Is gmane's gmane.comp.python.general allowing posts to go through
> again? I had to revert to comp.lang.python some time back when gmane kept
> rejecting outgoing posts.

No. FWIW, it's the mailing list that's blocking them, not Gmane.

That's why I wrote this:

    https://github.com/GrantEdwards/hybrid-inews

It's an inews work-alike that submits most posts via gmanes NNTP
server, but will deal with particular groups
(e.g. gmane.comp.python.general) that want posts submitted via email.

It allows me to continue to read (and post to) the Python mailling
list via slrn pointed at gmane.

It is, of course, written in Python.