Usenet vs. Mailing-list

Jon Ribbens jon+usenet at unequivocal.eu
Sat Jan 28 21:09:28 EST 2023

On 2023-01-29, Ben Bacarisse <ben.usenet at bsb.me.uk> wrote:
> "Peter J. Holzer" <hjp-python at hjp.at> writes:

>>> It looks like you posted this question via Usenet.  comp.lang.python is
>>> essentially dead as a Usenet group.  It exists, and gets NNTP versions
>>> of mail sent to the mailing list, but nothing posted to the group via
>>> NNTP get send on the mailing list.
>>
>> This is wrong. I did get Muttley's any your postings via the
>> mailing-list.
>
> Ah, OK.  I thought that was the case but I am obviously wrong.  Has
> there been a change, or have I been wrong for a long time!?

I'm not aware of any significant period in the last twenty-one years
that it hasn't been working. Although sometimes it does feel like it
isn't, in that I reply to a post with an answer and then several
other people reply significantly later with the same answer, as if
my one had never existed... but whenever I check into it, my message
has actually always made it to the list.