Usenet vs. Mailing-list (was: evaluation question)

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jan 28 16:36:26 EST 2023

On Sat, 28 Jan 2023 15:30:59 +0100, "Peter J. Holzer" <hjp-python at hjp.at>
declaimed the following:

>On 2023-01-27 21:04:58 +0000, Ben Bacarisse wrote:
>> Muttley at dastardlyhq.com writes:
>>
>> > Hi
>>
>> It looks like you posted this question via Usenet.  comp.lang.python is
>> essentially dead as a Usenet group.  It exists, and gets NNTP versions
>> of mail sent to the mailing list, but nothing posted to the group via
>> NNTP get send on the mailing list.
>
>This is wrong. I did get Muttley's any your postings via the
>mailing-list.

	I had been tempted to ask when the list<>newsgroup link had changed,
since it hadn't been announced...

	Now -- last time I checked the gmane server says posting is prohibited.
I used to use gmane as it retrieved directly from the mailing list (which
has been filtered from much spam) and not Usenet (and its open spam
problem).

	wlfraed at ix.netcom.com    http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/