bool and int

Dino dino at no.spam.ar
Thu Jan 26 09:25:36 EST 2023

Wow. That was quite a message and an interesting read. Tempted to go
deep and say what I agree and what I disagree with, but there are two
issues: 1) time 2) I will soon be at a disadvantage discussing with
people (you or others) who know more than me (which doesn't make them
right necessarily, but certainly they'll have the upper-hand in a
discussion).

Personally, in the first part of my career I got into the habit of
learning things fast, sometimes superficially I confess, and then get
stuff done hopefully within time and budget. Not the recommended
approach if you need to build software for a nuclear plant. An OK
approach (within reason) if you build websites or custom solutions for
this or that organization and the budget is what it is. After all,
technology moves sooo fast, and what we learn in detail today is bound
to be old and possibly useless 5 years down the road.

Also, I argue that there is value in having familiarity with lots of
different technologies (front-end and back-end) and knowing (or at
lease, having a sense) of how they can all be made play together with an
appreciation of the different challenges and benefits that each domain
offers.

Anyway, everything is equivalent to a Turing machine and IA will screw
everyone, including programmers, eventually.

Thanks again and have a great day

Dino