HTTP server benchmarking/load testing in Python

Thomas Passin list1 at tompassin.net
Wed Jan 25 20:04:32 EST 2023

On 1/25/2023 7:38 PM, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> On 2023-01-25 16:30:56 -0500, Thomas Passin wrote:
>> Great!  Don't forget what I said about potential overheating if you
>> hit the server with as many requests as it can handle.
>
> Frankly, if you can overheat a server by hitting it with HTTP requests,
> get better hardware and/or put it into a place with better airflow.

Frankly, if you have a server-grade machine then well and good but if
you are running a nice quiet consumer grade laptop - my development
machine - you need to be careful.  We don't know what hardware the OP is
using.  And it's not servicing the requests per se that's the issue,
it's the heavy computing load that has to be done for each request.  The
CPU is generally pegged at 100% for most or all of the test.