Python - working with xml/lxml/objectify/schemas, datatypes, and assignments

Dan Kolis dankolis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:43:26 EST 2023

Editing text intended primarily for machine reading that involves metadata and lower level facts is a horror show.

I sort of worked for a company years ago and a smart ass suggested I was making labor for myself by doing changes to a scripting language for db users, maybe a few hours a week. He suggested I leave them to do it themselves in XML.

I tried it and the community went ape-shit angry. NONE of the people succeeded routinely at all.

Just because machine readable nomenclatures as well known and some s/w edits them, doesn't mean there suddenly not mostly mini computer programs.

 I suspect there isn't an easy way out, and probably the thing your making has to be 100% usably done before a maintenance tools can be created to make it easy, anyway.

Its the way it is, maybe,
Daniel B. Kolis