A natural magnet for the craziest TKinter lovers out there

Dan Kolis dankolis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 10:21:22 EST 2023

Hello !

> Works fine on my work machine. (Ubuntu 20.04 / 32 G / 32 CPUS). Scalene (https://github.com/plasma-umass/scalene) shows it using 9 MB of memory.

> I ran your test program here and it generates 25 windows on my machine,
> and I can click "run" at least half a dozen times. I tried closing the
> font windows before clicking run again, and also just leaving the
> windows up and generating many more windows. 300 windows. No hangs here
> at all. Fedora 35 with Mate Desktop on X11 with compositing enabled.

Thanks a lot These reports are very helpful !

I seemed to have 'fixed it' by changing one line, really. I used:

    # Do each thing
..for aWs in workWsL:
....aWs.update()

TO:
    # Do each thing
..for aWs in workWsL:
....aWs.update_idletasks()

Dan says:
Thanks a lot ! This helps me visualise this is managed as a problem in a technical sense. I mean, there is always a requirement for real integration testing of all sorts for an attempt to release a program on a larger scale.

Now I know it works without stopping on 4 computers. Better then yesterday hugely.

 Thank you.

Regs
Daniel B. Kolis

my ref: nafl, 19 Jan 2023, https://groups.google.com/g/comp.lang.python/c/FNlXg0Od39o/m/9stiUtLSAQAJ