Mailing-Lists (pointer)

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Tue Jan 10 16:37:19 EST 2023

On 10Jan2023 08:45, Chris Green <cl at isbd.net> wrote:
>dn <PythonList at danceswithmice.info> wrote:
>> See also the wisdom of enabling comp.lang.python and python-list as
>> 'mirrors', enabling those who prefer one mechanism/client to another,
>> yet maintaining a single 'community'.
>>
>Yes, this is important I think.  Plus, if possible, if it's decided to
>move to a forum format make that accessible by E-Mail.

There's a Discourse forum over at discuss.python.org. I use it in
"mailing list mode" and do almost all my interactions via email, exactly
as I do for python-list. Posts come to me and land in the same local
mail folder I use for python-list. My replies land on the forum as
expected (and of course also go by email to those members who have
turned that mode on).

So I'm using both the new forum and the currently mailing list still,
and broadly in exactly the same way.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>