Recommendations in terms of threading, multi-threading and/or asynchronous processes/programming? - Sent Mail - Mozilla Thunderbird

jacob kruger jacob.kruger.work at gmail.com
Fri Jan 6 03:18:24 EST 2023

I am just trying to make up my mind with regards to what I should look
into working with/making use of in terms of what have put in subject line?

As in, if want to be able to trigger multiple/various threads/processes
to run in the background, possibly monitoring their states, either via
interface, or via global variables, but, possibly while processing other
forms of user interaction via the normal/main process, what would be
recommended?

As in, for example, the following page mentions some possibilities, like
threading, asyncio, etc., but, without going into too much detail:
https://itnext.io/practical-guide-to-async-threading-multiprocessing-958e57d7bbb8

And, have played around with threading in the past, and, was looking
into asyncio now, but, thought would rather first ask for
recommendations/suggestions here?

For reference, am currently working with python 3.11, or might roll back
to 3.10 if relevant, but, main thing is just want to get an idea of
what's simplest to make use of in this context?

Thanks in advance

--

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791