No solution for "--verbose" (on stdout) output in Pythonds standard library?

Eryk Sun eryksun at gmail.com
Wed Jan 4 10:02:48 EST 2023

On 1/4/23, c.buhtz at posteo.jp <c.buhtz at posteo.jp> wrote:

> often seen "--verbose" switch in command line applications should
> affect only the messages given to the users. This means messages on
> "stdout". That is what this question is about.

Is this additional context information such as help and definitions?
If it's anything to do with diagnostics and telemetry, then logging to
stderr is normal. In my experience the verbosity level typically
applies to the latter. I might step it up as I delve deeper into a
problem and need to examine specific details.