How to escape strings for re.finditer?

avi.e.gross at gmail.com avi.e.gross at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 21:19:05 EST 2023

Peter,

Nobody here would appreciate it if I tested it by sending out multiple
copies of each email to see if the same message wraps differently.

I am using a fairly standard mailer in Outlook that interfaces with gmail
and I could try mailing directly from gmail but apparently there are
systemic problems and I experience other complaints when sending directly
from AOL mail too.

So, if some people don't read me, I can live with that. I mean the right
people, LOL!

Or did I get that wrong?

I do appreciate the feedback. Ironically, when I politely shared how someone
else's email was displaying on my screen, it seems I am equally causing
similar issues for others.

An interesting question is whether any of us reading the archived copies see
different things including with various browsers:

https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/

I am not sure which letters from me had the anomalies you mention but
spot-checking a few of them showed a normal display when I use Chrome.

But none of this is really a python issue except insofar as you never know
what functionality in the network was written for in python.