Python 3.10 Fizzbuzz

avi.e.gross at gmail.com avi.e.gross at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 16:33:19 EST 2023

Karsten,

Would it be OK if we paused this discussion a day till February is History?

Sarcasm aside, I repeat, the word black has many unrelated meanings as
presumably this case includes. And for those who do not keep close track of
the local US nonsense, February has for some reason been dedicated to be a
National Black History Month.

Can software violate a code for human conduct? The recent AI news suggests
it does! LOL!

But you know, if you hire a program to tell you if your code passes a
designated series of tests and it just points out where they did not, and
suggest changes that may put you in alignment, that by itself is not
abusive. But if you did not ask for their opinion, yes, it can be annoying
as being unsolicited.

Humans can be touchy and lose context. I have people in my life who
magically ignore my carefully thought-out phrases like "If ..." by acting as
if I had said something rather than IF something. Worse, they hear
abstractions too concretely. I might be discussing COVID and saying "If
COVID was a lethal as it used to be ..." and they interject BUT IT ISN'T.
OK, listen again. I am abstract and trying to make a point. The fact that
you think it isn't is nice to note but hardly relevant to a WHAT IF
question.

So a program designed by programmers, a few of whom are not well known for
how they interact with humans but who nonetheless insist on designed user
interfaces by themselves, may well come across negatively. The reality is
humans vary tremendously and one may appreciate feedback as a way to improve
and get out of the red and the other will assume it is a put down that
leaves them black and blue, even when the words are the same.