Python 3.10 Fizzbuzz

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 19:28:24 EST 2023

> is there any reason to prefer    "    over    '   ?

Not really. As an old C programmer for many years I used double
quotes"around "strings" and single word around 'c'haracters, because that's
what I was used to. (This was long before triple quoted strings appeared in
the language.)

Aside: Given all the various ways to quote strings for display, it irks me
a bit to see repr() still use single quotes in all cases, which requires
display of single quotes to be escaped. (In similar fashion, it would be a
minor improvement in my mind if the repr() code used raw strings where they
would simplify the display.)

Skip