Vim (To move text-Lines between files) ___ :ab wt w! ~/temp.vi ___ :ab rt r ~/temp.vi

Hen Hanna henhanna at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 12:17:46 EST 2023

within Vim,  do
                             :smile

___________________________

To move text-Lines between files --- i do this (below)....   Maybe there's a better (or more standard) way,  but i've been doing this for 30+ years, so i'll prob.  keep doing it.

i have these in my .vimrc file.

                     :ab   qq   q!

                       :ab   wt   w!   ~/temp.vi
                      :ab   rt   r    ~/temp.vi
So i can ..

[1] from one file, do

                :.wt            --  write 1 line to temp file
                :.,.+5 wt     --  write 6 lines to temp file
                :.,'a wt         --  write up to (and including) mark A  to temp file

[2] optionally edit the temp file

[3] from another file, do the following to read (in) the temp file

                  :rt

> Yes your questions do seem excessively frequent even here on Usenet.
> I have mostly been ignoring them after seeing the first few.

--------  what do you know about USENET ?....  i'm pretty sure i've been posting to USENET  longer than you ...

i'm also pretty sure that i've been programming longer than you... (but you may be faster and better.)