TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "int") to str

Hen Hanna henhanna at gmail.com
Sun Feb 26 11:56:28 EST 2023

On Sunday, February 26, 2023 at 6:41:01 AM UTC-8, Thomas Passin wrote:
> On 2/25/2023 8:12 PM, Hen Hanna wrote:
> > 2. the rude guy ('dn') hasn't offered a single word of comment that's directly relevant to it.
> > > -------- but he did offer related stuff which he   thinks i should be [grateful] for

> Please let's stop the ad hominem messages. If someone doesn't like a
> particular person's messages, send them to spam or don't read them. If
> too many people start to get too rude or personal, remind the whole list
> of the guidelines for respectful participation. If you feel that
> someone's contribution was especially helpful in part because it was
> concise and to the point, you could say that.

yes.   let's stop...

If you  (Thomas Passin)   feel that  someone's contribution was especially helpful in part because it was
 concise and to the point, you could say that.
                        and pls don't hesitate to reproduce such a comment.

i'm sure a few others were also rude, but  it was the rudest of them all ('dn')  that   told me to read some [Code of Conduct] document.   -------- Do not EVER  do that  again.

Another rude guy who "asked"  me why i write in a Hard-to-read way....  Why don't you at least   also make a comment that's  On-Topic  besides  the insulting remark ?

so far,  i think  Paul Rubin's post (in another thread) was esp. concise, informative, --- but he's also made a comment about       'shunting'  beginners  (questions)     to a concentration camp, and sounded  a bit  like a cold-hearted (or warm-hearted)  Nazi  officer / scientist.

I think you can speed this up by building two sets and intersecting them:
from itertools import combinations

ww = "JSOYOMFUBELR SCDUARWDRLYE DASNAGEFERTY CLULOOTSCEHN USENEARSEYNE".split()
ss = set(''.join(s) for w in ww for s in combinations(w.lower(),6))
d6 = set(d.strip().lower() for d in open('/usr/share/dict/words') if len(d)==7)
print(ss & d6)

i too often use  short Var names   x, xx,     w,ww,    s,ss ..........
                       and also long ones.