putting JUNK at the end of a [.py] file

Hen Hanna henhanna at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 00:37:54 EST 2023

On Thursday, February 23, 2023 at 9:17:05 PM UTC-8, Thomas Passin wrote:
> On 2/23/2023 7:21 PM, Hen Hanna wrote:
> >
> > in a LaTeX file, after the (1st) \end{document} line,
> > i can put any random Junk i want (afterwards) until the end of the file.
> >

> > Is there a similar Method for a .py file ?
> >
> > Since i know of no such trick, i sometimes put this (below) at the end of a .py file.
> >

> > dummy= (""" junk and more junk
> > words in Dict
> > 239 words in Dict
> > ((( notes or Code fragmetns )))
> >           """)
> >

> > ** maybe i don't need the          dummy=           but it looks better.

> You can just put it in triple quotes, no need to assign the string to a
> variable. Or make each line a comment.

thanks for the   rare   concise comment   taht  also seems  devoid of insulting  attitude.

                                  (  i  still can't  tell one person from another, but
                                              i did notice that  one person sent me email
                                                    that was  really long, insulting, and creepy )

i guess i  use    ("""           """)   because i wish   it  (this feature)   came in matching pairs.

and   put         dummy=        to remind myself    and to  tell the compiler,   obivously  this Var is unused to feel free to ignore it.