Why doesn't Python (error msg) tell me WHAT the actual (arg) values are ?

Hen Hanna henhanna at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 15:05:21 EST 2023

          >  py   bug.py
       Traceback (most recent call last):
         File "C:\Usenet\bug.py", line 5, in <module>
                     print( a + 12 )
          TypeError: can only concatenate str (not "int") to str

Why doesn't  Python (error msg) do the obvious thing and tell me
            WHAT   the actual   (offending,  arg)  values are ?

In many cases, it'd help to know what string the var  A  had  ,   when the error occurred.
             ------------  i wouldn't have to put      print(a)     just above,  to see.

( pypy    doesn't do that either,   but Python makes programming (debugging) so easy that i hardly feel any inconvenience.)