Python + Vim editor

Thomas Passin list1 at tompassin.net
Wed Feb 22 00:36:34 EST 2023

On 2/22/2023 12:00 AM, orzodk wrote:
> Thomas Passin <list1 at tompassin.net> writes:
>
>> On 2/21/2023 9:00 PM, Hen Hanna wrote:
>>> what editor do you (all) use to write Python code?  (i use Vim)
>>
>> I usually use the Leo-editor (https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor
>> or PyPi).  It's wonderful once you get it figured out but it's got a
>> real learning curve.
>
> I had never heard of Leo before. This is a real rabbit-hole. Thanks for
> sharing this interesting editor.

There's also a Google Group: https://groups.google.com/g/leo-editor

Leo does dog-fooding: Leo's own code base (hundreds of Python files) is
contained and developed in a Leo file (called an "outline").  I just
this afternoon searched it to find where a particular core method is
called in less than a second (two places, it turned out).  Leo lets you
break down a program or other chunk of code into whatever pieces you
like, not being limited to modules, classes, methods, and functions, and
to rearrange them pretty much at will.

Much of Leo's documentation is in Sphinx documents that are authored and
managed in Leo outlines - it's an excellent documentation tool.

More of how I use it is at
https://leo-editor.github.io/leo-editor/testimonials.html#thomas-passin