Python + Vim editor

rbowman bowman at montana.com
Tue Feb 21 22:20:21 EST 2023

On Tue, 21 Feb 2023 18:00:20 -0800 (PST), Hen Hanna wrote:

> what editor do you (all) use to write Python code?  (i use Vim)

I've used vim (gvim to be precise) for years and that has been my editor
of choice for Python. Lately I've been using Spyder.

As background, most of my Python work is with Esri's ArcPy. Until recently
it was 2.7 but they've moved to 3 and package it with conda. The package
manager is integrated into ArcGIS Pro, the desktop tool for managing GIS
data and Spyder is a relatively easy install into a virtual environment.

I won't discuss the conda system or Spyder but I can either go with the
flow or spend a lot of time fighting it.