Changing the original SQLite version to the latest

jose isaias cabrera jicman at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 15:30:47 EST 2023

Greetings.

I have tried both Cygwin and SQLite support, and I have received very
little ideas from them, so I am trying this to see if anyone has dealt
with such a problem before.

If I use Cygwin setup tool and install python39 and thus,

$ python
Python 3.9.10 (main, Jan 20 2022, 21:37:52) [GCC 11.2.0] on cygwin
>>> import sqlite3
>>> sqlite3.sqlite_version
'3.34.0'

As you can see, the SQlite3 version installed is v3.34.0. Right now,
the version available is 3.40.1. What I would like to do is to work
with the latest SQLite version. I have 4 Cygwin instances, 2 of them
are working ok, 2 are not. This is what I have done to get python to
use 3.41.0:
- downloaded the latest SQlite check-in from the site
- $ tar -xvf SQLite-44200596.tar.gz
- cd to SQLite-44200596
- $ ./configure --prefix=/usr
- $ make install

These steps above have worked on two PCs, but I don't know what is the
difference that makes the other two work, and the other two not work.
I have started a few instances of Cygwin on the PC that is not
working, and I have been trying for a few days, and I am humbling
myself, and asking for help. So, the request is to get python3 to
change the SQLite3 library from 3.34.0 to 3.41.0. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Since this is Windows 10, it's probably some
SQLite DLL somewhere that is being pulled instead of the one
installed. Perhaps some of you can provide a few suggestions to see
where I can  find a solution. I know the next step is to compile
python, but, I rather try to find how to fix this and get to the
bottom of it. Thanks, thanks and thanks.

josé

--

What if eternity is real?  Hmmmm...