ChatGPT Generated news poster code

Mark Bourne nntp.mbourne at spamgourmet.com
Mon Feb 13 06:50:46 EST 2023

Mats Wichmann wrote:
> Meanwhile, I'm still wondering why I need a program to "chat" to the
> GUID Partition Table

Perhaps to keep on good terms with it so that it doesn't run away and
hide?  I had to go looking for the GPT on one of my disks after it went
AWOL a couple of years ago.  Eventually found it hiding in another sector.

(Turns out the USB-SATA adapter I previously used to format the disk
misreports the logical block size for some disks.  Subsequently
connecting the disk directly to a SATA port, the GPT was no longer found
at logical block 1 where it should have been, because the block size was
reported differently.)

--
Mark.