Am I banned from Discuss forum?

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Sat Feb 11 16:09:00 EST 2023

On 11Feb2023 13:21, Roel Schroeven <roel at roelschroeven.net> wrote:
>Michael Torrie schreef op 11/02/2023 om 4:59:
>>I didn't know there was a Discourse forum.  Is it supposed to be
>>sync  > with the mailing list and USENET? Or is it intended to
>>replace this
>> mailing list? I rarely see Python devs on this list, so maybe >
>they've chosen to hang out exclusively in Discourse, which would be >
>unfortunate.
>I don't think it's meant to replace this mailing list; it's still
>mentioned on the Python website. At least initially the forum was
>intended mostly for core dev discussions, as far as I understand it.
>
>The initial announcement (which only talks about python-comitters
>being migrated): https://www.mail-archive.com/python-committers@python.org/msg06151.html
>The site with the discussions: https://discuss.python.org/

There are several sections on the Discourse forum; the "Help" section
broadly has the same purpose as this mailing list. I use both, and use
Discourse in email mode - the forum's there, but >90% of my interaction
is via email - I file it and python-list to the same "python" folder
here and lossely treat them the same.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>