Python 3.12.1, Windows 11: shebang line #!/usr/bin/env python3 doesn't work any more

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Dec 28 20:32:00 EST 2023

On Fri, 29 Dec 2023 at 12:23, Félix An via Python-list
<python-list at python.org> wrote:

> On 2023-12-25 12:36, Mike Dewhirst wrote:
> >
> > 3. You cannot trust Microsoft. You can trust Python Software Foundation. Python from PSF works the same in all environments - or if not it is a bug. Python from Microsoft is tweaked to satisfy their aforementioned strategy of locking in users to Windows.
> >

> I strongly disagree with this. I don't get all the irrational hate for
> Microsoft that exists within the Linux community.

It's worth noting that Mike Dewhirst is NOT a spokesman for the Linux
community. One of the cool benefits freedom brings is that anyone's
allowed to be wrong :)

Not ALL of us hate Microsoft. I store the vast majority of my code on
GitHub, and it didn't make any difference when MS bought that company
(it was already a company, and their interests were always to make
money, and that was okay with me).

ChrisA