Python 3.12.1, Windows 11: shebang line #!/usr/bin/env python3 doesn't work any more

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 23:55:45 EST 2023

On Mon, 25 Dec 2023 at 15:42, Mike Dewhirst via Python-list
<python-list at python.org> wrote:

> Apologies for top posting - my phone seems unable to do otherwise.
>
> Here's my view - which may not be popular.

You're right about that part, anyhow :)

> 4. Shebang lines are pretty much redundant now that most python interpreters are run from venvs

Strongly dispute that. The rest. you're entitled to your opinions
(they happen to be wrong, but you're entitled to them :) ), but this
is a statement of fact that I would need to see some evidence for.

ChrisA