How/where to store calibration values - written by program A, read by program B

Chris Green cl at isbd.net
Tue Dec 5 09:37:15 EST 2023

Is there a neat, pythonic way to store values which are 'sometimes'
changed?

My particular case at the moment is calibration values for ADC inputs
which are set by running a calibration program and used by lots of
programs which display the values or do calculations with them.

>From the program readability point of view it would be good to have a
Python module with the values in it but using a Python program to
write/update a Python module sounds a bit odd somehow.

I could simply write the values to a file (or a database) and I
suspect that this may be the best answer but it does make retrieving
the values different from getting all other (nearly) constant values.

Are there any Python modules aimed specifically at this sort of
requirement?

--
Chris Green
·