Pycharm IDE

Kevin M. Wilson kevinmwilson1956 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 19 01:16:00 EDT 2023

print (f'"I am thinking of a number between 1 to {LIMIT}\n")I had the impression that the format specifier 'f' was necessary for the print function, but the double quotes are for the string printed to the user, as a prompt!The Pycharm IDE is showing that it expects a single quotation mark or ')'! No error message is displayed.
Perplexed
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you: and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned: the flames will not set you ablaze."
Isaiah 43:2

    On Tuesday, April 18, 2023 at 06:44:37 PM MDT, aapost <aapost at idontexist.club> wrote:

 On 4/18/23 19:18, Kevin M. Wilson wrote:
>Why complain about a 'comma', or a ')'???
>      print (f'"I am thinking of a number between 1 to {LIMIT}\n")

my version says it expects ' first (to close the fstring)
then on a new line below it, it mentions the comma and )
I believe that is just showing you after ' it expects you to end the
print with ) as you have
or , to add additional arguments to print