for a 'good python'

Dennis Lee Bieber wlfraed at ix.netcom.com
Wed Apr 12 22:52:29 EDT 2023

On Thu, 13 Apr 2023 00:21:58 +0200, jak <nospam at please.ty> declaimed the
following:

>Thank you too. I had seen this library but I always try not to use
>libraries outside the standard ones. Now I don't remember why I was
>convinced that this wasn't part of it, perhaps because it was like that
>at the time or because I got confused. Only now I realized that it is
>not necessary to install it. Now I'm considering whether to use
>'ipaddress' or 'socket'. What is certain is that this one you have
>suggested is really comfortable. Thanks again for the report.

	It is useful to skim the contents of the standard library documentation
every couple of releases. ipaddress came in with Python 3.3

https://docs.python.org/3.10/library/index.html (I dropped down to 3.10
just as that is the version I have installed; some 3rd party modules
weren't ready when I tried to install on 3.11)