Christoph Gohlke and compiled packages

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 03:21:14 EDT 2023

On Tue, 11 Apr 2023 at 14:20, Mike Dewhirst <miked at dewhirst.com.au> wrote:

> It seems Christoph Gohlke has been cut adrift and his extremely valuable
> web page ...
>
> https://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/
>
> ... turned into an archive getting staler by the day.
>
> What does the Python Software Foundation and the community think about this?

My personal view? Windows is *really really really* hard to support,
and ONE PERSON did a stellar job of supporting the platform for an
incredibly long job.

I don't know if he'll ever read this, but if he does, thank you
Christoph for your amazing contribution to the community.

The fact that we have a problem now is a testament to the length of
time that we *didn't* have a problem, thanks to him.

ChrisA