[Python-Dev] Small lament...

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Mon Apr 3 22:30:47 EDT 2023

On 04/04/2023 12.14, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> A bit late, this reached my inbox:
> https://peternorvig.medium.com/new-python-operators-9f31b56ddcc7

Did you notice that Peter Norvig's factorial-operator attempts to
replace one of the very first diamond-grade provisions of [the] FLUFL?

Disgraceful behavior! So disrespectful!

Send him to the Spanish Inquisition...

Saying that, he (Peter) lost the opportunity to promote our new
dev.movement. As he pointed-out, tests are likely to give one a false
sense of security with regard to the correctness of code.

Accordingly, join us in the noTDD philosophy. Like NoSQL is schema-less,
noTDD is scheme-less (we have NO idea what we're doing).

Don't be led-astray by tests. We're all [adult-]optimists here...

> On Sat, Apr 1, 2023 at 11:23 AM Skip Montanaro <skip.montanaro at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Just wanted to throw this out there... I lament the loss of waking up on
>> April 1st to see a creative April Fool's Day joke on one or both of these
>> lists, often from our FLUFL... Maybe such frivolity still happens, just not in
>> the Python ecosystem? I know you can still import "this" or
>> "antigravity", but those are now old (both introduced before 2010). When
>> was the last time a clever easter egg was introduced or an April Fool's Day
>> joke played?
>>
>> ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>> Skip

>> Message archived at