Windows Gui Frontend

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 21:19:17 EDT 2023

On 4/1/23 15:33, Thomas Passin wrote:
> OTOH, Qt isn't free for commercial use and the OP seems to be
> speculating on coming up with a product to sell at some point.

Careful. That's not actually true, even though the marketing team at Qt
lets people believe it is.  Qt is licensed under the LGPL, which you can
definitely use in a proprietary, close-source app, provided you use the
dynamically-linked version (which PySide does of course) and do not
modify it.

Qt's commerical licensing is very hostile to small companies, I can say
that much.  It's too bad really.  But the LGPL will work for most
companies, except for those that might wish to use the embedded version,
such as in cars where being able to abide by the terms of the LGPL
becomes difficult.