Windows Gui Frontend

Thomas Passin list1 at tompassin.net
Sat Apr 1 13:37:38 EDT 2023

On 4/1/2023 1:28 PM, Thomas Passin wrote:
> On 4/1/2023 1:21 PM, Jim Schwartz wrote:
>> Are there any ide’s that will let me design the screen and convert it
>> to python?  I doubt it because it was mentioned that this is time
>> consuming.
>
> Depends on what you mean by "let me design the screen", but Pyside
> (which I think is now called Pyside2) may be suitable.  It is part the
> Qt framework.

I should have added that in my experience, the screen layout of controls
is not the hardest and most time-consuming part of developing GUIs.  The
hard part is getting the screen elements and other components to do what
you want in the way that you want it.

For example, the Tk.Text class can be used as a fairly full-featured
editor, but try figuring out how to highlight part of the text - not so
obvious.  Or say you decide you want to have a button flash when
clicked, but you don't like the standard flash effect and want to change
it.  Those are a few of the kinds of things that you have to deal with
and that soak up the time.  It's not usually screen design.