python developer

Mike Dewhirst miked at dewhirst.com.au
Thu Sep 29 19:49:59 EDT 2022

On 30/09/2022 5:09 am, Walid AlMasri wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I has been using python in scientific computing for many years
>
> I want to become a python developer so what is a good reference to follow ?

A developer makes products whereas a scientist understands complexities.

I would recommend reading about Scrum
https://www.scrum.org/resources/what-is-scrum

After many years you probably already know enough Python to do anything.

Your task as a developer is to understand the relationship between a
problem (business or scientific) and a maintainable, perhaps packaged,
product which handles the drudgery and leaves expert judgement to the
human user(s).

Scrum is the easiest way down that road.

You need a customer with a problem. You might be your own first customer.

Cheers

Mike

--
Signed email is an absolute defence against phishing. This email has
been signed with my private key. If you import my public key you can