Virtual PUG-meeting: An applied introduction to Finite State Machines

dn PythonList at DancesWithMice.info
Wed Sep 14 02:30:30 EDT 2022

On 14/09/2022 10.18, Sam Ezeh wrote:
> That seems interesting.
>
> Is this hosted online? And are there any suggested reading materials for
> those who might not be able to attend?

Yes there are - if you'd like to follow the link (below), the published
meeting-details include references.

One of my colleagues on the PUG Leadership Team has organised the
speaker, but I recall mention of "notebooks", etc. So, there may be
further resources which will be made-available during/after the talk
itself...

If you are a 'late-owl' in the (US) Pacific Time-Zone, you may like to
join us 'live'. Sadly, the timings rapidly become anti-social for more
easterly time-zones in the Americas.

If you are anywhere in the rest of the world, you will find that the
meeting falls sometime during your working-day, through to Europeans
at-breakfast!

You'll be most welcome!

> Kind regards,
> Sam Ezeh
>
> On Tue, 13 Sept 2022 at 22:53, dn <PythonList at danceswithmice.info
> <mailto:PythonList at danceswithmice.info>> wrote:
>
>     An applied introduction to Finite State Machines
>     0730 UTC, Wed 21 Sep 2022
>
>     The basics of Finite State Machines and what they are good for. How to
>     use FSM for solving optimization problems.
>
>     - A simple traffic jam
>     - A bigger traffic jam
>     - A sudoku
>
>     After this lecture there won't be any discrete optimization problem you
>     won't be able to solve.
>
>     Dr. Bjorn Madsen solves optimization problems using Python, for DoD,
>     LEGO, Coca Cola, Airbus and many other companies.
>

>     These meetups have two sessions. At least one is aimed at a beginner
>     level - in either Python or FSMs.
>
>     Sign-up and more details from https://www.meetup.com/nzpug-auckland/
>     <https://www.meetup.com/nzpug-auckland/>
>     --