any author you find very good has written a book on Python?

Meredith Montgomery mmontgomery at levado.to
Mon Sep 5 22:22:34 EDT 2022

I never read a book on Python.  I'm looking for a good one now.  I just
searched the web for names such as Charles Petzold, but it looks like he
never wrote a book on Python.  I also searched for Peter Seibel, but he
also never did.  I also tried to search for Richard Heathfield.  (I took
a look at his ``C Unleashed'' once and I liked what I saw.)  This is how
I search for books --- I go through the authors first.  Charles Petzold,
for instance, anything he writes is worth reading it.  (Have you given
his Annotated Turing a shot?  It's a very nice read.)

So that's my request --- any author you find very good has written a
book on Python?

It could be for in a certain specific context.  For instance, I also
searched for Hadley Wickham in the hope that he could have written a
data-science-type of book using Python.  I like his writing a lot, but
he also only seems to have written only for the R language.

Thank you!