Any PyQt developers here?

DFS nospam at dfs.com
Thu Oct 27 11:15:58 EDT 2022

On 10/25/2022 1:45 PM, Thomas Passin wrote:
> On 10/25/2022 1:03 PM, DFS wrote:
>> Having problems with removeRow() on a QTableView object.
>
> removeRow() isn't listed as being a method of a QTableView, not even an
> inherited method, so how are you calling removeRow() on it? (See
> https://doc.qt.io/qt-6/qtableview-members.html)

Since you helped me on the last one, maybe you could try to answer a
couple more [probably simple] roadblocks I'm hitting.

I just wanna set the font to bold/not-bold when clicking on a row in
QTableView.

With a QTableWidget I do it like this:

font = QFont()
font.setBold(True) or False
QTableWidget.item(row,col).setFont(font)

But the QTableView has data/view 'models' attached to it and that syntax
doesn't work:

Tried:
font = QFont()
font.setBold(True) or False
model = QTableView.model()
model.setFont(model.index(row,col), font)

Throws AttributeError: 'QSqlTableModel' object has no attribute 'setFont'

This doesn't throw an error, but doesn't show bold:
model.setData(model.index(tblRow, col), font, Qt.FontRole)

Any ideas?

Thanks