A trivial question that I don't know - document a function/method

Dan Stromberg drsalists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 22 19:09:11 EDT 2022

I don't think there is a "correct" way.  It depends somewhat on what tools
you're using.  I like pydocstyle, which I have hung off of vim with
syntastic.  pydocstyle checks for https://peps.python.org/pep-0257/
conformance.

Also, rather than describe the types of formal parameters to functions in a
docstring, I like to use mypy for https://peps.python.org/pep-0484/ with
its --disallow-untyped-calls and --ignore-missing-imports options, which I
hang off of a Makefile, called by a vim macro.