Portable executable on OSX

Cameron Simpson cs at cskk.id.au
Thu Oct 20 16:53:45 EDT 2022

On 20Oct2022 03:01, wdamn <wallacechemical at gmail.com> wrote:
>I would like to have a portable executable of python3 on OSX.
>
>I google a lot about it, but I could not find any solution.
>Am I missing something or is it simply not possible?

I'm not sure what you mean. My Mac comes presupplied with Python 3, and
I'd expect any modern Mac to be the same. So a python 3 programme should
work on any Mac.

If you mean: "how do I write a Python script to use python 3?" the usual
approach is to start the script with a shebang line like this:

     #!/usr/bin/env python3

On _any_ UNIX or UNIXlike system (OSX/MacOS is a BSD derived UNIX) this
will run the script with your usual "python3" command if you invoke the
script as a command.

Cheers,
Cameron Simpson <cs at cskk.id.au>