for -- else: what was the motivation?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Sun Oct 16 13:03:53 EDT 2022

On Mon, 17 Oct 2022 at 03:57, Antoon Pardon <antoon.pardon at vub.be> wrote:

> Op 16/10/2022 om 17:05 schreef Chris Angelico:
> > On Sun, 16 Oct 2022 at 22:47, Antoon Pardon<antoon.pardon at vub.be>  wrote:
> >> Why would I need good luck? I expressed an idea and you didn't like it.
> >> That won't affect my life in a meaningful way.
> > Well, with that attitude, it's not going to affect anyone else's life
> > either, so go ahead, carry on.
>
> What attitude? I just floated a little idea. It was not meant/expected to
> affect anyone else's life. So why do you react as if it was?

You expressed an idea that you would like to see implemented in
Python, and part of that idea was that people would be *obliged* to
write their code using non-ASCII keywords. If that were to be
implemented, it absolutely WOULD affect many people's lives. So if
you're saying that your idea was not meant to affect anyone else's
life, you are saying that you floated the idea fully intending for it
to be ignored, which makes me wonder why you posted it in the first
place.

ChrisA