for -- else: what was the motivation?

Axy axy at declassed.art
Tue Oct 11 23:36:08 EDT 2022

On 10/10/2022 06:15, avi.e.gross at gmail.com wrote:
> Chris, a short(er) answer to your addition below.
>
> I did not at first share your perception but maybe do now. If the argument
> was that ELSE and other constructs like FINALLY or CATCH are horrible
> because they follow other code and important things should be first, that is
> a silly argument.

You know, sometimes I'm of the same opinion, especially looking at
"defer" efforts in Go.

However, I wouldn't judge that in terms of mental capabilities. Every
construct has some initial rationale but sometimes even best practices
eventually become notorious. There are many point of views to every
feature but in general features aren't divine and worth revising even
this looks disparaging.

Axy.