NEO6 GPS with Py PICO with micropython

KK CHN kkchn.in at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 06:53:31 EST 2022

List ,
I am following this tutorial to  get latitude and longitude data  using
NEO6 GPS module and Py PICO  to read the GPS data from the device.

I followed the code specified in this tutorial.
https://microcontrollerslab.com/neo-6m-gps-module-raspberry-pi-pico-micropython/

I have installed thony IDE in my Desktop(windows PC) and  run the code
after the devices all connected and using USB cable connected to my PC.

When I ran the program I am able to see the output of  latitude and
longitude in the console of thony IDE.  But  between certain intervals of a
few seconds  I am getting the latitude and longitude data ( its printing
GPS data not found ?? ) in the python console.

The satellite count from the $GGPA output showing 03 ..
and the GPS data not found repeating randomly for intervals of seconds.
Any hints why it is missing the GPS data (randomly) ??

PS:-  The GPS device I placed outside  my window and connected to the PC
with a USB cable from the PICO  module.     GPS device NEO6 light (Red LED
) blinking even though the "  GPS data not found" messages in th python
console.

Any hints ?? most welcome

Yours,
Krishane