Are these good ideas?

Axy axy at declassed.art
Tue Nov 15 00:16:02 EST 2022

On 15/11/2022 04:36, Dan Stromberg wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 11:33 AM Axy via Python-list
> <python-list at python.org> wrote:
>
>     On 14/11/2022 17:14, Stephen Tucker wrote:
>     > Hi,
>     >
>     > I have two related issues I'd like comments on.
>     >
>     > Issue 1 - Global Values
>
>     Your "global variables" module acts exactly as a singleton class.
>

> Which is apparently a design pattern that some now believe is regrettable.

Exactly. I dislike it too and always avoid. However, it could be a good
starting point. Stepping directly into class-based approach would raise
the same question: where to place global instance of that class. Gradual
refactoring might have greater side effect of better overall design
where many issues simply vanished by themselves. Maybe, (c) will change
in favor of well-designed classes, who knows? Dropping singleton code is
not a difficult task.

Axy.